Monday, July 31, 2006

Rush to hospital

We ended up at the Royal Children's Hospital last night. Ben's flu was getting worse and he had a temp of 38.9 and had refused food all day. I phoned the telephone nurse and she said to take him to hossie asap.
Turns out our fella has TWO flu viruses (one from Dad, the other from my gorgeous Goddaughted Maddy), conjunctivitus and a toe infection. He's now on antibiotics. I feel like such a terrible Mum but the registrar kept telling us that it wasn't our fault and that we'd done such a good job because, despite his food refusal, he wasn't dehydrated.
Anyway, to add insult to little Ben's injuries, we got home and realised that his top right tooth had broken through. Poor little fella.

(Big intake of breath and long sigh.....)

Okay, knitting: My Knitted Babe is getting there. She's emerging slowly. I thought she was a redhead but when I started adding the strands she looked at me and I realised that Belinda Carlisle she is not!!! If I get a break froim nursing today I'll buy some blonde and try that. She's a water babe but as we're aussies and very sunconcious, she's a paler surf chick with a love of factor 30 sunblock.

Will post work in progress piccie later today.

No comments: