Friday, August 17, 2007

Four skeins and a baptism...


Two things to report on this week:

1) Lachie was baptised on Saturday, in a simple, warm and friendly ceremony at St Peter's Eastern Hill. He now has two sets of fairy God parents, and if they're reading this they should know that they've signed up to a lifetime of babysitting. Or God will be very angry...

Lachie giggled throughout the entire ceremony, which Emma (one of the aformentioned God mums) thought was entirely unfair as she was under strict instructions not to laugh (or cross her fingers or any of that stuff). Anyway, she gave birth two days later, without much fuss, to Finn (who is gorgeous) so she was justly rewarded for her piety.
Huge thanks to Father Craig. You rock.

2) I'm launching a stash attack.
In a bid to knit anything (given that Lachie and Ben can hear the sounds of needles clicking from the next suburb and use it as a cue to howl) I realised I needed to spend less time thinking of what to knit (as I have no time to think) and more time actually knitting . So, as a quick remedy, I've cast on a really simple striped pullover (for Ben), on circs, to use up some odd skeins of 8ply (with a matching gauge) in my stash.
Where I've written 'really simple' here , I probably mean 'really boring' - y'know, it's stocking stitch and the hardest part of it is counting eight rows per stripe. Taxing stuff. But, heck, I'm knitting. And I've managed six inches into the body already. So hurrah. And all that...
Pics later this week.

No comments: