Thursday, August 09, 2007

Outed

I outed my Simple Knitted Bodice last night - at my first SnB meet, of all places. I personally think this was extremely brave, given the stretchy, would-fit-a-sumo nature of the finished product. Aww, who am I kidding? I wore it because I could find nothing else that fit over my post pregnancy body. I've gone up a dress size and you'd think, almost two months on, I might be approaching normal?

Nope.

Anyway (says she, trying to be a little less self, er, focused) the North Melbourne meeting was great. Many thanks to Tam, Jacqui and Rebecca. My Mum (who is visiting from the UK and lapping up her grandkids) came along too and loved it.
Back in Blighty, Mum has a jumper on the needles - where it's been for eighteen years. I remember her starting it - a rather intricate thing with lots of lace. Anyway, her arthritis took hold so she had to give up knitting and now paints (brilliantly).

Off the needles: My first pair of socks, which I finished at the meet last night. Okay, so they were done on 5mm needles with extremely bulky yarn and I won't wear them anywhere but at home. But, darn it, I'm proud. Pics to come.

No comments: